cricketers arms sunday

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpie mick

Post by Magpie mick »

The last time I was there was 6.30am on that last fateful day in september 1979. AS it turned out that and a few other things contributed to being the worst day in my life.I will try to find a way to be there on Sunday.
Nick

Post by Nick »

It's a funny feeling knowing that you're going to be meeting each other on Sunday. I'd give my left leg (I'm a left footer) to be there.

I want a full report from somebody - please Image
Broadie

Post by Broadie »

I'll try to make it, but no guarantees.

As Joffa (good ol' JC Superstar) is the only one I'll recognise, look out for a tall bloke with a reddish beard wearing a Collingwood "media" top (& possibly beanie if cold).

Love to have a drink or 5 with you all.

Broadie
Nick

Post by Nick »

No Joffa I don't expect it - I require it!
JLC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by JLC »

Word Up Joffa
Count me in. Ill be there helping open the Cicketers on Sunday...lol
Everyone should come along and have a good time.
The Cricketers is a mad pub!

JLC
*miss_magpie*

Post by *miss_magpie* »

o.k so who actually turned up today? i was there but not for long and i only saw about 3 people from the page that i already knew, didn't meet any new faces or anything

????
JLC

Post by JLC »

Hi Miss Magpie
Well i was there and tried to be sociable and hospitable...lol
It was good to see you anyway mate..

JLC
Greg J

Post by Greg J »

I turned up at about 11:20 and found Joffa drinking with JLC and Magpiera (who was not drinking).

At this stage we were just sitting relatively quietly in the front bar. We kept feeding Joffa lines so he could espouse his ideals to us and the bar in general.

I think Emma, was next to turn up, with a couple of girlfriends in tow, one of whom, I think was *miss magpie* (the girl with the #41 badge).

At this stage, about twelve, we headed out to the beer garden, for some sunshine and bit of bonding. We sung the song, and had a few abmer fluids while we continued to discuss the woes of Collingwood and our great game.

Broadie turned up too, so I got to meet him.
After another chorus of the song. We all headed off to our respective preferred viewing spots about 1:30.

There was bugger all people around even by then. So my friends and I were still able to gets seats, just to the left of the Ponsford end goals. The first quarter was good, they were kicking our way.

The game went downhill after the 1st quarter. I encountered JLC outside the ground at half time. But I did not head back to the Cricieters after the game, I headed off home, thouroughly despondent.

Sorry we missed ya Doug. But we will do it again. Next time.

Go the Pies.