Our cheersquad Your cheersquad

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

magpie jeff

Our cheersquad Your cheersquad

Post by magpie jeff »

If anyone has any enquiries or ideas or suggestions regarding the cheer squad please post in this thread. it is now officially my role in the cheer squad to discuss with all magpie people anything at all regarding cheer squad activities, all comments will be taken on board and passed on to cheer squad president and committee. It is indeed exciting times for the cheer squad and of course all other collingwood people as we watch our great club heading to its first finals series in what seems like an eternity.

so remember anything at all even chant ideas will be most welcome if you have a gripe or a brilliant idea this will be the place to post, and remember its not exclusive for cheer squad members only...we welcome all collingwood people to get involved in your cheer squad
At collingwood our cheer squad is your cheer sqaud.
any questions ?

FIRE AWAY !

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 23 June 2002).]
dillo_09

Post by dillo_09 »

Hi Joffa,

Given that most of the crew these days were not around the cheer squad when we were last in the finals, there are a number of issues that you should prepare yourselves for.
1.Past cheer squad members turning up out of the blue for Run Through making. Thus causing longer discussion over what appears on the run through.
2.The need to have facilities available all week during the finals for run through making. You may need to book the hall you are using or find an alternative more accessable venue.
3.The need for a weaved run through (strength) and the experience required to make one. They also look great.
4.People you havent seen all year putting their hands up for finals tickets within the cheer squad thinking they deserve them for being there for 6 weeks - you need to give preference to those who have been there all year.
5.The management, allocation and distribution of finals tickets including details of Interstate finals ticketing arrangements
6.Discuss with the club if they want the change rooms decorated. Matthews wouldnt let us do it in the late 80's early 90's and I doubt MM will but if he ok's it you will need people to do it.
7.Ground passes are strictly limited during finals games so you need to identify NOW the experienced and capable run through people and ensure that those who may not get onto the ground are aware of the situation so you dont get people really shitty when they find out minutes before going onto the ground.
8.You need to find out the AFL's rules/regulations/proceedures for cheer squads. Such as who gets what end at the G and run through size restrictions if they differ from the season proper.

Hope that helps, Joffa. I am sure that you guys may have thought of most of this but I though I would let you know of some issues that will arise and cause you all heartache!!

Cheers

Dillo

[This message has been edited by dillo_09 (edited 23 June 2002).]

[This message has been edited by dillo_09 (edited 24 June 2002).]
magpie jeff

Post by magpie jeff »

Dillo mate that was an excellent insight in what we are to expect i will certainly pass on your post to president and committee
Cheers mate as always.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa
Ian

Post by Ian »

Think only those with actual reserved seats in cheersquad should be first in line for finals tickets (dare I mention it)