We fell short... so that means no sponsorship in 2010

This forum is for news & views about Nick's Bulletin Board sponsored player Remember that this is 'our' player so we want to keep all posts positive and encouraging.

Moderator: bbmods

MagpieMel

We fell short... so that means no sponsorship in 2010

Post by MagpieMel »

As you all know the club have set a deadline of the middle of this week for player sponsors wishing to continue with their current player to apply and pay half the total sponsorship amount to the club.

We are currently still $770 away from the total sponsorship amount required.. unless we have more people interested and want to be involved who can let us know in the next 12 hours or so we won't be in a position to sponsor this year.

I'm not willing to make a commitment to the club unless we have had enough interested people to cover the entire cost. This doesn't mean that you have to pay in the next 12 hours just that we need to ensure we have enough people willing to financially contribute to cover the cost.

UPDATE We are still $530 short of the required amount. I am willing to extend the deadline by 24 hours but can't go much longer than that because I am in New York on holiday and the time difference + difficulty in getting the paperwork through to the club means I can't just leave it til the last minute.

UPDATE 27/1/2010 I have tried to get people interested as have others, unfortunately despite a great group of people who were willing to be part of this we have fallen short.

Due to time limitations I can't extend the deadline any further so I will be arranging refunds for those who paid as we will not be able to sponsor anyone this year. I am happy to try and arrange something for 2011 hopefully there will be more interest next year.

Sorry to those who really wanted to be part of this, I'm sure you are dissappointed I am too :(
Last edited by MagpieMel on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Weed

Post by The Weed »

count me in for $50
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

I will find $50.00. Been OS for 5 weeks so still jetlagged but I will sort it out shortly.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
fence-banger

Post by fence-banger »

Mel, Just confirming that my money will come through as promised, so you can count on that for sure.
I've got the bank account no. thanks, but still waiting to hear whether or not I can pay at any bank.
Does anyone else know what we're supposed to do?
Side by side we Stick together
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

fence-banger wrote:Mel, Just confirming that my money will come through as promised, so you can count on that for sure.
I've got the bank account no. thanks, but still waiting to hear whether or not I can pay at any bank.
Does anyone else know what we're supposed to do?
Leslie, do you do internet banking? if so then you can usually just transfer the money to the account as long as you have the bsb and account number (and name of account just to be sure)
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
fence-banger

Post by fence-banger »

Thanks PP :)
Side by side we Stick together
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

I'll be in for $50 as well.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
mandy

Post by mandy »

Am I too late??

I'm in for $100.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
MagpieMel

Post by MagpieMel »

Thanks to everyone who has made contact in the last 24 hours we are still $300 short. So unless we there are a few more people interested it looks like it will be a no go for this year.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Put me in for 50

Nicks Board has been very good to me over the years. It'll be fun to be a part of the fun!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Who decides who receives some of the benefits and items from a player sponsorship?

I'm willing to make a significant contribution of the remaining $250 but only if I can justify such an expense.

To do that I'd have to be able to choose the item and/or event I'd most like to receive/attend.

I apologise if I'm overstepping the mark but I'm not wealthy and for me $250 would be a large commitment.

P.S-I'm still willing to donate $50 if the above is not possible.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

swoop42 wrote:Who decides who receives some of the benefits and items from a player sponsorship?

I'm willing to make a significant contribution of the remaining $250 but only if I can justify such an expense.

To do that I'd have to be able to choose the item and/or event I'd most like to receive/attend.

I apologise if I'm overstepping the mark but I'm not wealthy and for me $250 would be a large commitment.

the 'benefits' as such are usually raffled off amongst all those that have put their money in. Generally in years gone past for every $10 you've put in, you get one raffle ticket. So, if you put in $250, you'll get 25 raffle tickets and the chance to take some of the items/attendances.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Proud Pies wrote:
swoop42 wrote:Who decides who receives some of the benefits and items from a player sponsorship?

the 'benefits' as such are usually raffled off amongst all those that have put their money in. Generally in years gone past for every $10 you've put in, you get one raffle ticket. So, if you put in $250, you'll get 25 raffle tickets and the chance to take some of the items/attendances.
Oh ok thanks for that. Fair way to do it.

With my luck those odds would still not be anywhere good enough.

I'll still commit to $50 though.

If MagpieMel gets enough pledges to require my donation she can PM the bank details and I'll use internet banking to transfer the $50.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Thanks for giving it a shot Mel.
cobood

Post by cobood »

Oh well Thanks for your trouble Mel... How will you reimburse me as I have already transferred the money...
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/