#35 Nick Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

^ Come on. We all know only a true Daicos can wear a mullet that well.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Thought for the day, Nicks was created for the coming of Nick Daicos...
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
23 YIPPEE!!!

Nick Daicos

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Play nick on the ball like him as an on baller.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

...and then burn him out
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

good point maybe next year then but he has the makings of a top notch on baller
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

He will be a top notch on baller, but we need to protect his body for now.

He's only played a handful of games the past two years due to Covid, that's why he's being played at half back with a few centre bounce appearances.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Not happy with the output of DeGoey, Lipinski, Adams, Pendlebury and Crisp to date ?
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Protect the kids at all costs
He’s a 12/15 year player no need to have him beat up and bashed to early
He’s doing just fine the way he’s going right now
swoop

Post by swoop »

I see him rushing his disposal into the f50
Need’s to relax and realise he has more time and pick the best option
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mattdally »

I'd prefer to keep him protected and surrounded by Pendles, Howe, IQ, Maynard and Moore.

Putting him in the guts will mean he is up against a seasoned mid likely to be 15-20kg heavier than him - he may be able to compete for 5 mins, but likely to be pushed aside.

Give him a couple of years in the gym and then put him in when he is stronger through the body.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Spot on mattdally.

People need to remember that not only does Nick need to add some muscle to his physique, but he's hardly played any competitive footy for the past 2 yrs, due to the lockdowns in Melbourne, so he needs to get used to taking hard knocks.

FWIW, I see him playing this season entirely out of defence, before moving to the midfield next year and immediately coming into Brownlow contention. Believe me...he's that good.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Pies2016 »

There’s nothing unusual about playing prodigious mid field talents at half back in their first year or two. Bombers did it with McGrath and Walsh rotated between wing and half back in his first year at the Blues.
It’s as much about learning accountability, while still protecting them in the process. It’s also a bit easier when the game is in front of you, rather than all around you.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
E

Post by E »

not even Buckley played on the ball in his first two years and he was the best midfielder i've ever seen!!! and he wrote in his book that he wasnt ready for the midfield even though he wanted to go in there earlier.

Nick's body isnt yet up for the rigor of playing in the middle. Ease him in over time. I wouldn't expect to see a lot of him in there until season 2024. Maybe a few pinch hits in there from time to time, but his body isnt ready for the midfield.
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a break or two for him throughout the year too.
Duff Soviet Union
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

E wrote:not even Buckley played on the ball in his first two years and he was the best midfielder i've ever seen!!! and he wrote in his book that he wasnt ready for the midfield even though he wanted to go in there earlier.

Nick's body isnt yet up for the rigor of playing in the middle. Ease him in over time. I wouldn't expect to see a lot of him in there until season 2024. Maybe a few pinch hits in there from time to time, but his body isnt ready for the midfield.
Yeah, he'll end up there soon enough, but give him a bit of a free ride this year.
"We ain't gotta dream no more"