Game On! Pies v. Cats. Updates, all comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Piesnchess wrote: First 10 mins will tell us if we have come to play, and I reckon we will. This is a must win to get season back on track. Woods by 22 points.
Yeah the first 10 minutes will be crucial to gauge the mindset and if they are fully switched on. If they aren’t, we are in trouble because opposition teams have worked out the coming from behind method we have used in recent last quarters and have prepared strategies to counter it. A handy lead at half time will be useful as well. I’m fairly positive of a win by 16 pts in a concerned kinda way
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Win tonight and we have 2 rounds to fine tune and tune up for finals
This will give us ample time
But must and I repeat must win tonight for that to occur
That why must win
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

Piesnchess wrote:
Haff wrote:^wish I shared your optimism PnC. Personally I think Ginni is a massive chance to not be on our list post next season. “Trade for more opportunities” when really, he doesn’t have it.
Still a kid. A lot of water under that bridge. Gun to my head, that’s my bet.

Hope you’re right. Need this shot in the arm. Been a very bleak week footy wise.

Ginni will stay mate, too much potential there. I forgot to mention, two players that MUST stand up tonight are Checkers and Mitchell, both been pretty below average for some weeks now, and Darcy must get back to his intercepting, attacking style, no Hawkins helps, I guess he takes Cameron and Howe gets that dork Rohan. Yes, this is a true line in the sand match, time to hit back hard :)

Add De Goey to that list, has been extremely disappointing the last month, save for a few flashes of skills.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
npalm wrote:Am I missing something? We were smashed in the midfield last week and we've lost two midfielders due to injury but we've only included one mid in the "ins" to replace them. Doesn't seem to make sense.
I’m hoping we’re foxing and we’re saving some surprises for the finals.
Obviously taking the view that the poor performance in the midfield was not a personnel issue, but was a mindset issue. Fly is backing in JDG to step up. I think Tay Adams will be sent to the centre clearances far more as well.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

I think Geelong will throw everything at us this game. They need the win to keep their premiership defence alive and they will not be going down lightly. We need a 100% lift in effort across all lines to win this one.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

If we win we have 2 match sims be it v lions and essendon coming up and good time to play our vfl team to see whos going to feature in september.

Must win tonight.

I am done with this holding been held back feeling.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Phoofy to ND reliance It’s been a general across the field drop in our form

In all areas -backs mids forwards

The less than good mids & centre clearance has us playing more in our back half than attacking half

Let’s correct those and team gelling first
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Win this and Top 2 still isn’t guaranteed. If Melb and Bris win their final three games and we lose our final two, we’re all on same points and percentage will come into play. We threw our percentage advantage down the drain the past fortnight.

Anyway, just win.

When discussing Howe forward and other moves, I reckon Fly had a glint in his eye and said something about not revealing all before finals. I reckon we’re trying to secure Top 2 without showing all our finals-moves cards. Unfortunately, we might have to play some of them now just to keep our Top 2 spot intact, which I can only assume wasn’t part of the plan a fortnight ago.

Again … just win.
Est. 2002
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

The whole forward line needs to lift
I’m not sold on McStay
And we need Cox to ruck
Thinking it’s Hill Frampton Mitchell McStay in that order who have done well this season
McStay is the weak link
Agree don’t play our cards just yet
And if we don’t and we win it’s a bonus
It’s dry conditions and perfect weather as well
No excuses
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

npalm wrote:Am I missing something? We were smashed in the midfield last week and we've lost two midfielders due to injury but we've only included one mid in the "ins" to replace them. Doesn't seem to make sense.
Well, Sidebottom was awful in the midfield last week (probably played injured) while Nick Davis spent most of his time at full forward. Markov comes into the side at half back, freeing up Crisp to play midfield.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Well, Sidebottom was awful in the midfield last week (probably played injured) while Nick Davis spent most of his time at full forward. Markov comes into the side at half back, freeing up Crisp to play midfield.
No wonder we lost
Culprit
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Culprit »

I'm pretty calm regarding tonight. Everyone is basically writing the Pies off and to me, that's a bonus. Pies by 15 after leading comfortably.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
No wonder we lost
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

If we can't kick a decent score tonight, we might well need Nick Davis to come 2 savis
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote: Well, Sidebottom was awful in the midfield last week (probably played injured) while Nick Davis spent most of his time at full forward. Markov comes into the side at half back, freeing up Crisp to play midfield.
No wonder we lost