Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

dillo_09

Post by dillo_09 »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Cam wrote:He kicks like his old man, who was a very good kick iirc. Hopefully we will have the Darcy v Peter debate in 10 yrs time like Ablett n Junior!
Yes - although it's to be noted that the Moores already have as many Brownlows between them as the Abletts - and have also played 1 more Grand Final.
And lets hope that by the end of Darcy's career he has at least twice as many premiership medallions as the Abletts!!
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Darcy Moore to play the 2014 season in the TAC Cup, not for the Collingwood VFL side, as people had been suggesting/hoping:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-30/t ... medium=RSS
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

So Moore has finished school yet not old enough to be drafted.

Doesn't happen that often does it?
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

MagpieBat wrote:Darcy Moore to play the 2014 season in the TAC Cup, not for the Collingwood VFL side, as people had been suggesting/hoping:

This suggests we will wait and see how things play out.
Next year's draft is viewed as rich in talent, particularly in the key-position area.
Now that other clubs can put in bids to force us to use a higher pick, I'd suggest we will want to see him play a season of TAC and see how he compares so we can determine how high a draft pick is appropriate to use. Basically, learn at what point we say No.

In regard to finishing school young, it's not that uncommon, some kids get bumped up a year early if they're doing real well.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

MagpieBat wrote:Darcy Moore to play the 2014 season in the TAC Cup, not for the Collingwood VFL side, as people had been suggesting/hoping:

Still can play VFL but It be in the 2nd Half of the VFL Season.

I say with 2 seasons with Injuries that we don't want to Risk Him.

Hine does not like tho show his Hand to early
I am Da Man
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Heard Darcy was BOG on the week-end for Oakleigh playing CHB
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
melliot

Father Son prospects

Post by melliot »

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

It's going to be so good to finish top 4 this year and still get a top 5 draft pick :D.

A pity the F&S isn't as generous as when Geelong were rorting the system with Ablett and Scarlett and we were with the Clokes and Shaws.
Well done boys!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

All these other FS prospects takes some pressure of us in terms of using our first round pick for Moore, especially if they are equally considered high draft options.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Jeez, I'd love to see another Weidemann don the black and white. I grew up as a kid hearing about how the Weed (and Hooker Harrison) single-handedly took on the Dees in 1958, delivering us one of the greatest Grand final victories ever. I was also at Victoria Park, the day his son played his first game for us. He never lived up to the unrealistic expectations of Pies supporters, but nevertheless, he played some good football for us before moving back to Adelaide. The name Weidemann is as Collingwood as Coventry, Richards, Rose or Daicos.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Did Mark Weidemann play over 100 games for the 'pies? Otherwise his son will not qualify for F/S.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Only 28.

But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be good to have another Weiderman running around in a pies jumper.
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Steve86

Post by Steve86 »

how many games peter play for Melbourne? Whats the deal with F/S if two clubs are eligible to pick them up? its players choice then right? aka clokes etc. Ive only watched the average quality videos of darcy on youtube but at 16 he looks alright so pencil that one in.. steal for us.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Moore only played 75ish games for Melbourne. My Dees supporting mates are already crying that they will be denied a shot at him :lol: