Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

Can we please try Grundy as a ruck rover. In his best year, he was as an extra midfielder that he was damaging - he has never been a good mark or knows how to ruck in the centre square. The centre square is a big melee really, and with his height and weight, he would be a hard matchup in there. He is a good kick and runner, and taking the ruck work off him would let him concentrate on other things. It’s not as though we have lots of options. When JT gets a clearance, the ball hardly clears the square.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Our likely picks at the 2021 draft: 37, 39, 47, 50. Jesus...
No, it will be pick 1 and then likely the last two.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
swooper
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swooper »

think positive wrote:
swooper wrote:Also, I don’t know how many members we have this year, but honestly, on a perfectly sunny glorious Saturday afternoon, only 24,000 turn up ?.
I know we’re not exactly playing great footy but hate to think we have such fair weather ‘supporters’....
certainly couldnt have got any fairer with the weather, i was in tshirt sleeves all game,

it was fricken awful, so dead, no atmosphere, i guess except for the the 35 people behind the goals at the other end!
Yeah hardly creating a ‘hostile ‘ environment for opposition teams...
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Sensei Grundy wrote:F....g a circus at Collingwood these days.

How the hell did this club self implode like this?

The report on racism, the Troalor debacle, the Stephenson issue.

Do you reckon any other coach would have handled Stephenson differently?

NO hes no Treloar, he has serious issues, why do u think only one team went for him, no other club, hes nothing like the Treloar fiasco, that did hurt us, the whole business of it. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

PyreneesPie wrote:Why do posters keep trotting out the same old issues/complaints that have been done to death already? Or aren't they aware of this because they don't bother to read anyone else's posts except their own?
huh?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

dp
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Peponi

Post by Peponi »

Buckley’s media conferences remind me of the former Iraqi Information Minister.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Piesnchess wrote:
P P, but ONE big difference to the Shaw yrs was we were totally a skint Club then, broke, skint, and we arent now, nothing like it, Back then, Eddie came in and got us out of the red, and into the black with some great sponsorships, hard work, he did do a lot for us back then, regarding finances. I heard him say recently we have $25 million in the bank. So off field we are in a much better position to back then, no comparison in that area. Its just onfield, thats our big problem now, and as you say, its going to take time. Or as Churchill said, " blood, sweat, and tears". Two years at best, id say.
That's a very important distinction to make Piesnchess! Thanks.

So, in fact, the situation for our Pies HAS been even worse before in our long years of supporting them. Perspective!!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Must be upsetting for the Buckley sycophants.

The messiah didn’t deliver...

Give it a rest, go to the Bucks thread, to bag him, as the Mods have requested us all to do.

Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

think positive wrote:
swooper wrote:Also, I don’t know how many members we have this year, but honestly, on a perfectly sunny glorious Saturday afternoon, only 24,000 turn up ?.
I know we’re not exactly playing great footy but hate to think we have such fair weather ‘supporters’....
certainly couldnt have got any fairer with the weather, i was in tshirt sleeves all game,

it was fricken awful, so dead, no atmosphere, i guess except for the the 35 people behind the goals at the other end!
Even the Gold Coast cheersquad outnumbered with their cheering and chanting of our cheersquad!
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

dalyc wrote:
masoncox wrote:Couldn't be bothered going to the game.
Playing the pokies most of the game.
Went and had a late dinner during the first quarter.
Saw on the TV a gold coast player run past a player and receive the handball.
JT was so slow in working out what was going on and even slower chashing this bloke .... this caused me to say this is fuc..ed.
Went back to the pokies.
Looked again during the second quarter and saw Grundy get the tap out a few times only to get GC to take it away.
On the way home listening to the last rites of the game Mark MaClure said that our midfield was destroyed by GC.
Nothing seems to change at Pieland.
The midfield is smashed most games with Grundy getting massive hiitouts to the opposition.
No One can kick goals except Checkers.
Forwards are beaten nearly every week.
Only the backline works somewhat.
Mark MaClure said we won't get Nick Daicos next draft because we won't have enough points because of our pathetic drafting and culling of late.
As I have posted before....it is 1999 all over but I reckon our list is worse.
Ha ha .. playing the pokies .. at least we know you’re a moron
Yeah only won a 1000.
Up 4500 This week.
I won't tell you my secret of how to win on the pokies.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

winpies wrote:I would trade Grundy. He has little influence in the ruck or around the ground, and his tap work is poor. He was beaten by a part-timer today!!!

Unfortunately he is on big bucks long term so it would probably end up being a "Treloar" type trade where we pay him so I don't know if that would be worth it.

But he needs to lift big time - and in a hurry.
Lets Trade Moore as he Done Nothing and Same with De Goey
I am Da Man
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

gurugeoff wrote:Can we please try Grundy as a ruck rover. In his best year, he was as an extra midfielder that he was damaging - he has never been a good mark or knows how to ruck in the centre square. The centre square is a big melee really, and with his height and weight, he would be a hard matchup in there. He is a good kick and runner, and taking the ruck work off him would let him concentrate on other things. It’s not as though we have lots of options. When JT gets a clearance, the ball hardly clears the square.
I think the stats on him as a mid are below average. Of course that’s him playing as ruck and comparing his numbers to a mid.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

"Clearly our offence is an area of improvement".

Nathan said this after the game in the presser.

Can someone enlighten me? Is this really a true thing?

I wonder if I'm missing something - maybe some who get to be at the game would comment on this.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Dave The Man wrote:
winpies wrote:I would trade Grundy. He has little influence in the ruck or around the ground, and his tap work is poor. He was beaten by a part-timer today!!!

Unfortunately he is on big bucks long term so it would probably end up being a "Treloar" type trade where we pay him so I don't know if that would be worth it.

But he needs to lift big time - and in a hurry.
Lets Trade Moore as he Done Nothing and Same with De Goey

Get real, Moore is only nearly the best backman in the comp, hes a star downback, not up forward. :o