Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

woodys_world69 wrote:Some of the bone head responses in here are insane
Seedsman the best player we ever let go?

Mal Michael and his 3 premierships and all australian Squad's MIGHT have u covered.

The OP probably doesnt even know Mal Michael played for collingwood
Can name 10 better players than Seedsman we let go who went on to have better careers at their next club or at least hurt us by not remaining:

* Heath Scotland
* Brenton Sanderson
* Paul Williams
* Robert Dean
* Peter Moore
* Andrew Schauble
* Nick Davis
* Rhyce Shaw
* Heath Shaw
* Phil Walsh
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

inxs88 wrote:

Mal Michael and his 3 premierships and all australian Squad's MIGHT have u covered.

Can name 10 better players than Seedsman we let go who went on to have better careers at their next club or at least hurt us by not remaining:

* Heath Scotland
* Brenton Sanderson
* Paul Williams
* Robert Dean
* Peter Moore
* Andrew Schauble
* Nick Davis
* Rhyce Shaw
* Heath Shaw
* Phil Walsh
stevo
treloar!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

warburton lad wrote:Delighted with any win, but this one was particularly sweet

POulter, Rantall, Bianco, Daicos, Quaynor, Noble, all gave glimpses of the future.

Lynch battled manfully in the ruck, but was outclassed- still give him another three games to get a decent sample size on him.

He is on one fifth of the wage of Grundy and probably delivered about one quarter of the output. I will let others do the maths on that.

Was thrilled with Callum Brown's cameo in the middle- 11 possessions and 7 tackles showed what he is capable of- I had pumped him up in the pre-game and was rapt for him that he played such a key role.

Pendles and Sidey showed true leadership in the heat of battle.

Roughead and Hoskin-Elliott continued to return to form.

On SEN yesterday, it was mentioned that Greenwood, Mayne, Cox and Thomas are out-of-contract at season's end. Given that the club would not get much change out of $1.8 million for their contracts, there should be some respite in terms of salary cap (although it would be prudent to re-sign Moore and De Goey one year early).

My understanding is that North are still keen on De Goey- if so, straight swap for number one pick would do the deal- that way we can jag the best available mid and then Nick Daicos in this year's National Draft.

If we were bold in selection this week, we may see

INS_ Cox, Johnson and McReery Callum Brown

OUTS: Sier (injured), Thomas and Madgen and Lynch.

Would like to see McRae as the medical sub- our kids need to play against the best which, sadly, is Melbourne at present...

B: Quaynor. Roughead. Maynard

HB: Noble. Moore. Pendlebury

C: Poulter. Daicos. Hoskin-Elliott

HF. Sidebottom Mihocek. McReery

F: Elliott. Cox. De Goey

Ruck- Cameron. Crisp

Rover: Callum Brown

IC: Bianco, Rantall, Johnson, Murphy. (Medical sub- McRae)

Be brave Pies

Floreat Pica
Just a question on Browns 11 possessions. How many times was he tackled and lost possession in those 11? They same time stands still when Pendelberry gets the ball the same as. Down does but for a different reason. He just stops and all momentum dies. There was a perfect example late in the last term. Good team you picked WB but Brown isn’t in mine.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

POulter, Rantall, Bianco, Daicos, Quaynor, Noble, all gave glimpses of the future.

Lynch battled manfully in the ruck, but was outclassed- still give him another three games to get a decent sample size on him.

He is on one fifth of the wage of Grundy and probably delivered about one quarter of the output. I will let others do the maths on that.

Was thrilled with Callum Brown's cameo in the middle- 11 possessions and 7 tackles showed what he is capable of- I had pumped him up in the pre-game and was rapt for him that he played such a key role.

On SEN yesterday, it was mentioned that Greenwood, Mayne, Cox and Thomas are out-of-contract at season's end. Given that the club would not get much change out of $1.8 million for their contracts, there should be some respite in terms of salary cap (although it would be prudent to re-sign Moore and De Goey one year early).

My understanding is that North are still keen on De Goey- if so, straight swap for number one pick would do the deal- that way we can jag the best available mid and then Nick Daicos in this year's National Draft.

Would like to see McRae as the medical sub- our kids need to play against the best which, sadly, is Melbourne at present...

Ruck- Cameron. Crisp

Be brave Pies

Floreat Pica
Can't find fault with that analysis. Well done Laddy.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

think positive wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

* Heath Scotland
* Brenton Sanderson
* Paul Williams
* Robert Dean
* Peter Moore
* Andrew Schauble
* Nick Davis
* Rhyce Shaw
* Heath Shaw
* Phil Walsh
stevo
treloar!
Mark 'Chocco' Willams.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

mudlark wrote:

Ruck- Cameron. Crisp

Be brave Pies

Floreat Pica
Just a question on Browns 11 possessions. How many times was he tackled and lost possession in those 11? They same time stands still when Pendelberry gets the ball the same as. Down does but for a different reason. He just stops and all momentum dies. There was a perfect example late in the last term. Good team you picked WB but Brown isn’t in mine.
He lost me when he said we should trade De Goey.
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

PyreneesPie wrote:
winterstick wrote: couple of quick camera shots showed Wright(I think) telling Bucks what to do
Glad you added "I think". :wink: :)
Like when Healy and Warne would chat mid pitch just after Cullinan arrived "What are you doing tonight, dunno, what about you."
Get back on top.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Ruck- Cameron. Crisp

Be brave Pies

Floreat Pica
If North are still interested in JDG, then would want both their first and second round pick.
Use number 1 for second best player, and then match for DAICOS and let the 19 pick as part of the Daicos points.
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Wright has been around the coaches box, talking to Bucks at the breaks etc, all year. I'd suggest is a forensic audit of every player each game, how they are in pressure situations, contested situations, uncontested etc etc [that's what I'd expect in his role]. Of course there is an element of coach monitoring if change is mooted or expected, but my guess is that that decision has already been made one way or another, and it's more about player potential going forward. But that's just a guess.

Should he keep working hard on and off season, Poulter may well turn out to be the best winger we have had since Mr Wright himself hung up the boots.
Get back on top.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Surprised at the division on how Brown went, he set up many more than he butchered, and was the reason we were winning more contests as the third Q wore on
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Jeez how hard does Rantall tackle? Laid some bone crunchers yesterday, will give McCreery a run for his money in the years to come I reckon
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

inxs88 wrote:

* Heath Scotland
* Brenton Sanderson
* Paul Williams
* Robert Dean
* Peter Moore
* Andrew Schauble
* Nick Davis
* Rhyce Shaw
* Heath Shaw
* Phil Walsh
SAVERIO!
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Jeez how hard does Rantall tackle? Laid some bone crunchers yesterday, will give McCreery a run for his money in the years to come I reckon
Yep, he’s a keeper. Has guts and a footy IQ - obviously needs more development and belief but will be a beauty.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

doriswilgus wrote:Wow,so good to have a win again,especially a close one like that.Can’t wait to see the replay tomorrow.

And Jaimie Elliott,you are a God!I said several years ago that I would like to have his babies.Well,that ship has sailed now,unfortunately .I’ll just have to get one of Nicole Kidman”s incubators to do it for me.I ‘m not giving up on this!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman