Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

gurugeoff wrote:Can we please try Grundy as a ruck rover. In his best year, he was as an extra midfielder that he was damaging - he has never been a good mark or knows how to ruck in the centre square. The centre square is a big melee really, and with his height and weight, he would be a hard matchup in there. He is a good kick and runner, and taking the ruck work off him would let him concentrate on other things. It’s not as though we have lots of options. When JT gets a clearance, the ball hardly clears the square.
Problem the Ruck Rover he plays against be Too Fast for him
I am Da Man
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
True mate, spot on. We are in a hole,but we will get out of it, we have done it before, takes time, patience, just have to stick by our kids, and weather the storm. Better days will come, down the track. :)
agree 100%.

Just get these kids the hell away from Nathan, Brenton and Robert and into the hands of a group of coaches that can develop and nurture their talent.
Well, the kids that Bucks coached in the AFL Academy by and large thought he was a great coach. Nurturing young talent is probably one of his strengths actually. It's quite a few other areas that need to be addressed, like game plan, selection and match strategy.
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

TassiePie1990 wrote:Didn’t see the game but just saw Murphy’s mark. Awesome! Even the opposition player patted him on thue back, in respect.
too true. he got a vote from me for that act alone. surely it would galvanise them into action where everyone followed suit. alas soon after Crisp backed away from a contest in their. goal square rather than going for the ball with a goal the result. typical of a lack of urgency to make things happen and a fumbles and dropped marks other symptoms of playing scared. sickening.
we were lacking for talent also didn't want the ball as much as they did. bitter.pill to swallow
woodsmen rule
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:Why do posters keep trotting out the same old issues/complaints that have been done to death already? Or aren't they aware of this because they don't bother to read anyone else's posts except their own?
huh?
:lol: :lol: Aaah, I know you read other people's posts TP.
It's just that some say nothing but spew out negative diatribe, when it's already had a zillion comments made about it over the past few weeks. Don't they get tired of repeating their same old words over and over again? :wink: Do they ever acknowledge someone else's comments that have already been made about the topic, in order to create a constructive discussion? Rarely.

We need a bit of perspective and a bit of gumption to ride out the storm that will happen over the next few years.
hehe, it came straight after mine so!!! cheers
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

uncanny wrote:
TassiePie1990 wrote:Didn’t see the game but just saw Murphy’s mark. Awesome! Even the opposition player patted him on thue back, in respect.
too true. he got a vote from me for that act alone. surely it would galvanise them into action where everyone followed suit. alas soon after Crisp backed away from a contest in their. goal square rather than going for the ball with a goal the result. typical of a lack of urgency to make things happen and a fumbles and dropped marks other symptoms of playing scared. sickening.
we were lacking for talent also didn't want the ball as much as they did. bitter.pill to swallow
Like I said, needs to be played on a continuous loop at the Holden Centre for a bit, just to show what can be done with guts, will and determination.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote: huh?
:lol: :lol: Aaah, I know you read other people's posts TP.
It's just that some say nothing but spew out negative diatribe, when it's already had a zillion comments made about it over the past few weeks. Don't they get tired of repeating their same old words over and over again? :wink: Do they ever acknowledge someone else's comments that have already been made about the topic, in order to create a constructive discussion? Rarely.

We need a bit of perspective and a bit of gumption to ride out the storm that will happen over the next few years.
hehe, it came straight after mine so!!! cheers
Just the time lapse with posting TP. I certainly wasn't thinking of you!! :)
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

PyreneesPie wrote:
uncanny wrote:
Like I said, needs to be played on a continuous loop at the Holden Centre for a bit, just to show what can be done with guts, will and determination.
i agree with this.

we had some players giving their all, Sidey was one, but hes getting older, he shouldnt have to be gut running the middle. as others have said before me, how many players are playing out of position? people knock Grundy, but who is there to take his knockons? whether close or far, this needs to be addressed at training.

Degoey is on Collingwoods instagram kicking from an impossible angle, and the comments are spot on. who gives a ****! He should be practicing from straight in front and to a good 25 degree angle each way, when he masters that he can play, until then the club is seriously tone deaf if they think that is good press!

we have lost 2 close ones due to backward kicking at the end of the game, bomb the bloody thing forward and defend it, lock it in ugly style. and please God, man the **** up!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

dalyc wrote:
masoncox wrote:Couldn't be bothered going to the game.
Playing the pokies most of the game.
Went and had a late dinner during the first quarter.
Saw on the TV a gold coast player run past a player and receive the handball.
JT was so slow in working out what was going on and even slower chashing this bloke .... this caused me to say this is fuc..ed.
Went back to the pokies.
Looked again during the second quarter and saw Grundy get the tap out a few times only to get GC to take it away.
On the way home listening to the last rites of the game Mark MaClure said that our midfield was destroyed by GC.
Nothing seems to change at Pieland.
The midfield is smashed most games with Grundy getting massive hiitouts to the opposition.
No One can kick goals except Checkers.
Forwards are beaten nearly every week.
Only the backline works somewhat.
Mark MaClure said we won't get Nick Daicos next draft because we won't have enough points because of our pathetic drafting and culling of late.
As I have posted before....it is 1999 all over but I reckon our list is worse.
Ha ha .. playing the pokies .. at least we know you’re a moron
I’ve had more wins on the pokies this year than Collingwood has won games
BEAMER09
Been liked: 12 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

Sensei Grundy wrote:F....g a circus at Collingwood these days.

How the hell did this club self implode like this?

The report on racism, the Troalor debacle, the Stephenson issue.

Do you reckon any other coach would have handled Stephenson differently?
McGuire needs to explain how this club has self imploded.

He comments on the PA jumper, takes exception to the word debacle, supports Bucks, says success is not premierships only SO he should be able to tell us why he has diminished this football club considerably. Eddie, over to you for a Supporters explanation!!!
COLLINGW09D
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Sensei Grundy wrote:A quarter of a century at the club and he hasn’t won a Premiership.

HELLO!

Dictators don’t get that many years in charge.

Seriously, if he hasn’t won a Premiership in 25 years as a player or coach, maybe, just maybe, he never will? Just putting it out there. Perhaps it’s time we moved on? You reckon?
B T W, You don’t get paid by the comment on here.
In fact, even if you did offer up something different, you still wouldnt receive a royalty of any description. ...... just saying.
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

Comments from Dew, nothing like our coach or team ethos it seems:

Dew praised the "unbelievable" workrate of forward Josh Corbett, who had a breakout four-goal performance.

He was also proud for his underrated midfield group, led by Hugh Greenwood (26 disposals, 10 tackles and a goal), Touk Miller (34 disposals) and Brandon Ellis (35 disposals and a goal).

"They’re desperate to influence the game [and] the result," he said.

"They’re pushing each other. The great footy clubs push each other. No external motivators, it’s purely internal and driving each other to get better."
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Happy with today’s effort although a win would have been nice. Some great signs with the emergence of our younger players and I feel we have improved with our centre clearances. Some stand out efforts were Sidebottom, Moore, Grundy, Pendles, De Goey . Really impressed with the courage of these players again. GCS only won because we were robbed by shocking umpiring decisions. Bucks nailed a strong gameplan but umpiring destroyed that. This is not the Coaches fault. Next week we will destroy North Melbourne and this should shut the nasty critics up.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
orie
Been liked: 1 time

pies loss to suns

Post by orie »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Look at the 2010-11 team. How the f...k did that group break up? Because of FIGJAM. Beams, O’Brien, Didak, Thomas, Shaw (!!!!!!), Wellingham, Cloke (!!!!!), Joley (!!!), Krakouer all left before their careers were up. Why? Simply, because of FIGJAM.
Honestly. I loved those players but if they were so good then, why were they not picked up by anyone else.
!!!
Wellingham didn't do much at west coast and Cloke didn't last long at the doggies.
Well Beams had issues I believe, and I still remember he didn't turn up to the Copeland cos he was not happy.
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Re: pies loss to suns

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

orie wrote: Wellingham didn't do much at west coast

Emm he wasn't that bad, maybe not just as good as with us... I also do seem to remember him having a bit of a day out against us once..
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

PyreneesPie wrote:Why do posters keep trotting out the same old issues/complaints that have been done to death already? Or aren't they aware of this because they don't bother to read anyone else's posts except their own?
You mean a poster who goes by the name of Sensei Grundy? How many times can that poster post the same rubbish week in week out. I think there were three in a row
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman