#31 Beau McCreery

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

I know we all hope he continues to develop & improved but tell you what, we should be very happy with the current output of this footballer!!!!
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

I loved how he knocked down the bombers defender before he collected the all in that lead up play to Nick’s second goal. Just a “get out of my way” type moment. A favourite of mine.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

^ Yep. Play of the day!!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Not bad considering he’s off an interrupted pre season ( keyhole hip surgery )
He has presence around the contest and that’s one of the biggest compliments you can give a footballer.
He’s looking like a very astute pick up for a selection in the forties.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Jack Crisp was asked who’s the strongest person at the club

Crispy,s answer. Beau McCreery. He handles them big and small with indifference

Last year he threw Tex Walker across the boundary like a sugar sack of marshmallows
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

Reminds me of Byron Pickett - fast, tough, good skills and a deadly weapon as his superpower. For Pickett it was the bump (before that got largely outlawed) for Beau it's the hard tackle.

He tackles extremely well - he is careful not to sling and almost lowers the other player to the ground.
I think therefore I think - I think
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Just went to Beau McCreery and they showed his tackle after tackle against the Roo.s last year.

But also two goals where he threw aside an opponent like cofetti to score
RudeBoy
Been liked: 86 times

Post by RudeBoy »

If he can develop into a fully fledged midfielder, he could be an absolute star. He's already showing glimpses of brilliance. He's as strong as Millane, he's faster than Millane, a better and longer kick than Millane, but not as good (yet) in the air as Millane. At this early stage of his career, he is scarily good.

He's our 'raging bull'.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

And only 22 years old too
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

I am as big a fan of Beau as the next man, but I think the comparisons to Pants are premature at best.

Some may have forgotten just how good that bloke was, anyone remember that game for the Big V that he totally dominated? He was one of the greatest players in the league.

If Beau gets to those levels look out! But as others have said, he will never mark the ball like Pants could
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Biggest difference from last year to this year = he’s getting the pill a LOT more. Our most improved in 2023.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Pies2016 wrote:Not bad considering he’s off an interrupted pre season ( keyhole hip surgery )
He has presence around the contest and that’s one of the biggest compliments you can give a footballer.
He’s looking like a very astute pick up for a selection in the forties.
I have been wondering what pick he was and was going to look it up. Inspired choice and time to honour the recruitment team that saw his talent and potential at a young age. He will only get better with experience and I hope he will be a long term champion Collingwood player.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Killing it!
Possession count up 30% on last year and kicking a goal a game. Kick to HB ratio up..Free kick count a minor blemish (1for, 9 against), but that's to be expected with his ferocity, the umps feel sorry for the whimps when they're pummelled.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
npalm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by npalm »

I'm a big fan as well, and love the way he plays his current role.
I also wonder what role he'll play in the future. Maybe, if he continues to improve he might replace Mitchell\Adams as the midfield extractor when those two retire in a couple of years.
Side by side.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Beau 'Bear' McCreery

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Mossi wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Millane42 wrote:This guy was phenomenal yesterday - his frantic pressure and hard hits were gold. Love watching him play.

He also has goal sense - a 'first picked' type of player (amongst a range of others)
Not a direct comparison but do you see a bit of Millane in McCreery? I do.
Love the comparison
Millane was a better mark, McCreery is faster, but they are both the best team players who lift their teammates. Both are great kicks, bulldose through contests, love the hard contact and don't take any nonsense from opposition. They are also some of the strongest players I have ever seen. Millane ragdolled his opposion and I will never forget McCreery handling May last year!
I get the comparison. Both were fearsome and intimidating, I guess the difference being the way they moved and their athletic ability. Millane being a leopard and Beau more like a wild boar :)
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.