Welcome to Collingwood, Coach Craig McRae

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Was at the Pies once in 2011 worked with Malthouse that year
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

90 nice wrote:Great Fly and Leppa great combo.

i thought Fly was at hawthorn in their 3 peat days 2013-2015 thought he was part of Clarko coaching panel.

Then fly flew to richmond and was hardwicks right hand man 2016-2019.

I knew Leppa was with richmond 2016-2020.
McRae was an assistant with us from 2011-2015.

McRae only joined Hawthorn for a single season, which was this year.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Thought he had more premiership creditentails then just 2001-2003
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

simon tonna wrote:Don’t know if I would of put any more time into Collingwood if Scott, Toss, Puke, bitchell or flogson we’re coaching us in the future. As personalities go they are *&^*(&%$% FLOGS.
Totally, I might have been out the door right behind you.
Bullets successfully dodged there.
simon tonna wrote:Good to have a bloke who has done he’s due diligence and has thoroughly deserved the appointment.
Only a scattering of players remain from his first stint at the club, thus he won't be overly buddy-buddy with the majority of those listed.
This is what players needed: to be void of complacency with their coaches, contracts, and resulting performances.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Im concerned fly was with us in 2011-2015 the buckley horror years
GreekLunatic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

chompers is a toss pot loved how he gave him nothing also loved the answer to I'm not going to be surrounded by mates i want the best coaching group
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Congratulations to Craig McRae..

Must admit I had my doubts and had hoped for Scott, but after seeing some press I'm sure Craig is a sound choice... it's good to see that the club finally went through a process and hopefully.. it bears fruit.

Here's to many happy years...
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Bleedblackanwhite

Post by Bleedblackanwhite »

90 nice wrote:Im concerned fly was with us in 2011-2015 the buckley horror years
Doesn’t mean anything, good leaders learn from how not to do things just as much as learning from what success brings, and he’s had plenty of success as a player and an assistant.
Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood
Bleedblackanwhite

Post by Bleedblackanwhite »

90 nice wrote:Im concerned fly was with us in 2011-2015 the buckley horror years
Doesn’t mean anything, good leaders learn from how not to do things just as much as learning from what success brings, and he’s had plenty of success as a player and an assistant.
Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

He seems very respectful and acknowledges the person he is today by having Matthews in his corner
Thanked him for the good words and Barney said I’m here for you anytime

Barney speak
Players play
Coach. coach
Administrators administrate

And he also said something quite humble and honest “I’m not the full product yet”

Finally he must keep up with the game. “18 inside 50,s ain’t good enuf”

He is thoughtful and direct I am wrapped
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

McRae and Bucks are totally different kinds of animals - Craig is far more empathetic from what I can see and hopefully, it'll get the best out of out list for years to come - I guess we'll see?
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

Very happy they have gone with a person who has displayed the best record amongst the up and coming assistant coaches out there. Much better than playing it safe and going with a recycled coach who is probably past his use by date.
woodsmen rule
BEAMER09
Been liked: 12 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

schuey07 wrote:
magpieazza wrote:Very happy with McRae and his personality will be ideal for Collingwood.

Love the way he flat batted some of the questions, especially from Chompers, gave him nothing.!! hahaha

Geez I miss Eddies passion and spark when he was prez though. The two fellas on the right of the screen of the announcement were in one word, bland.
I prefer this from the board, rather than Eddie’s hysterical style. Calm and boring is what we need.
Agree...
COLLINGW09D
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Pumped. So very happy with how this process was run. I must admit this is the first positive thing the club has run in the last few years. Only up from here (famous last words for the up coming trade period but at least it is expected now).
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

magpieazza wrote:Very happy with McRae and his personality will be ideal for Collingwood.

Love the way he flat batted some of the questions, especially from Chompers, gave him nothing.!! hahaha

Geez I miss Eddies passion and spark when he was prez though. The two fellas on the right of the screen of the announcement were in one word, bland.
I am glad the Barnum and Bailey circus is over. Today it was about the coach. I don't want to hear from the administrators. Boring is fine. Do your work in the background. Action speaks louder than words. Win flags.

To borrow from another topic and The Specials:
"This is the dawning of a new era"