Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

90 nice wrote:What did we think of the game of the likes of Jamie Elliott, Darcy cameron and hoskin elliott.

Thought Billy was not his usual self in the GF.

Cameron only broke even with the O at the lions.

Hoskin was here and there.
One for the future GF quiz, I think Hoskin had the last disposal of the match, even though his kick was smothered
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
The Black and White Lion

think better wrote:Collingwood's 16th Coach delivers our 16th flag and win number 1600
love it go pies 2023!
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

So proud. The fight and resilience of our Lads was so impressive. De Goey was such a story of redemption, Mitchell cracked in like a mallee bull. Bobby Hill made them look silly. Pendlebury and Sidey lead like tribal elders. Crisp tough as they come. Howe made Hipwood look pathetic and Zorko get f%cked.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Presti35
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by Presti35 »

What about Treloar, Stevo, Phillips, and Bosenavulagi? How did we win it without them?

What about Oli Henry? What about Grundy? What about the 2023 third round pick that hasnt even been drafted yet?

And hats off to Adrian Dodoro. Failing to trade for Bobby Hill. Failing to trade for Josh Dunkley. Failed to bring home Conor McKenna. Refused to trade Daniher to the Swans and forced him to stay and lost him to free agency the following year. Dont worry tho, they drafted Archie Perkins with the compo pick. Thats 4 players from the GF that should be at Essendon. In fact, "we dont need Hill". "Hill has no impact". "We're not worried about losing Hill"... these were the comments once the trade fell through.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
blackandwhite4life

Post by blackandwhite4life »

I'm floating in contentment still from a magical 4 days in Melbourne down from Sydney for the granny, and finally I see a win in the big one at the G. M19 standing was a beautiful place to be.

I kept believing in Fly's positivity and that this time it would be different. It was only that last Cameron goal with 5 to go when my heart sunk. The immediate response though from Cox, Pendles, Nick & Jordy will live on as one of the greatest black and white moments. Until Sidey went and topped it minutes later!

Great reading all these pages of Nickster's happiness. I've been coming to this site for 20 years now, though rarely post these days. I feel like I've been to the top of Mount Everest now, and this will do me for ever more.
Hearing the 'Black & White Army' roar is the greatest sound in the world.
The Black and White Lion

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:
BBHS wrote:This video is the best 5 minute summary I've seen so far, got the tears flowing.

https://fb.watch/nr41KSnVQV/
Thanks for posting!
At the 4:13ish mark Fly shushes Bobby and then points to something; Perhaps a live microphone belonging to the broadcaster? Love to know what Bobby was saying :)
thanks for the link, another great promo to watch. I reckon Fly had a screen and was looking at the clock. I reckon he showed Hill the clock with the time left. We were in a shutdown mode and at that point, I think it was before Mihocek takes the mark for the last long kick down the line. Hill runs on ahead of the play and is alone at the 50m line. Hoskin's kick would have gone to Hill if not for that smother and Hill had nothing but grass between him and the Punt Road goals
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 245 times

Favourite GF moment

Post by Jezza »

What was your favourite moment of the Grand Final?

Loved Bobby’s mark, but can’t go past Sidey’s long range bomb in the dying stages of the match.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

The final siren.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

The final siren and the after match celebrations,The game itself was too stressful to enjoy at the time.

But you can enjoy those great moments in the game by watching replays,as I’m doing now.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

De Goey's goal that put us ahead turned anxiety to ecstasy in a matter of seconds.

Crisp's half-time goal was pretty special too!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

Jordy's goal to win the lead back made the Shane Warne stand shake.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
bucking awesome
Been liked: 1 time

Post by bucking awesome »

Agree with all the sentiments here. The game itself was too stressful to enjoy but on reflection, the agony of the Country Road goal followed within a minute by Jordy's reply was definitely a highlight

Then front bums 100 metre kick (by next year it will be 150m) topped it off beautifully
Painful frustrating disappointing exhilarating and unbelievably awesome. - That's a Collingwood life through and through
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

LaurieHolden wrote:The final siren.
That goes without saying :D

It was tears of joy at that moment. All the previous pain had been evaporated.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

At least for a moment I was able to start breathing again after Jordy’s goal. It was the first time in that quarter that I felt we could actually put another score on the board instead of being stuck and lame while the other side ran our legs off. Jordy’s goal brought the belief that we could win back. Huge.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️