Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

jonmac1954
Been liked: 19 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

90 nice wrote:Who thinks we can go back to back in 2024.

I do.
Very dependent on our next generation of players stepping up we need more AFL level depth.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

This was something McRae mentioned on AFL 360 (perhaps recalling a post-match interview with Nick himself, if I recall correctly?). Apparently, just before the bounce before the De Goey goal that put us back in front, Nick was running to the forward edge of the centre square in a bid to receive the ball from a clearance and get it inside 50, but Pendles called him back in, asking him "don't you want to be part of this?" Nick ended up getting first hands on the ball after the tap, and the rest is history.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:
The Black and White Lion wrote:
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote: Thanks for posting!
At the 4:13ish mark Fly shushes Bobby and then points to something; Perhaps a live microphone belonging to the broadcaster? Love to know what Bobby was saying :)
thanks for the link, another great promo to watch. I reckon Fly had a screen and was looking at the clock. I reckon he showed Hill the clock with the time left. We were in a shutdown mode and at that point, I think it was before Mihocek takes the mark for the last long kick down the line. Hill runs on ahead of the play and is alone at the 50m line. Hoskin's kick would have gone to Hill if not for that smother and Hill had nothing but grass between him and the Punt Road goals
You might be right there!.... Certainly wasn't a shush but a discrete attempt at getting Bobby's attention; See a different view of it from 4:36. There is a red LED clock in the umpire's dug out [That ones for you Mason!] counting down and seems to stop at 1:36 but don't think that's indicating time left in the game???.... Guess it could be?
Yeah good one too. If only we had all the camera angles that the afl fox and the clubs have. Bucks footage following Pendles was great showing all the things you don’t see unless your at the ground and can follow it continuously
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Pies4shaw wrote:I thought the guy who kept giving away stupid 50 metre penalties was probably their best on the night. :lol:
Yeah No.7 Jarred Berry. He gave away the high on Daicos that lead to our first goal and the 50m penalty on Sidebottom that led to our last goal. Neat little bookends really.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

David wrote:This was something McRae mentioned on AFL 360 (perhaps recalling a post-match interview with Nick himself, if I recall correctly?). Apparently, just before the bounce before the De Goey goal that put us back in front, Nick was running to the forward edge of the centre square in a bid to receive the ball from a clearance and get it inside 50, but Pendles called him back in, asking him "don't you want to be part of this?" Nick ended up getting first hands on the ball after the tap, and the rest is history.
Pendlebury also mentions this on his Jock’nJourno podcast with Jay Clark this morning. He describes it a bit differently as Nick asking for instructions from Pendles over where to be. Given what happened, it is an historic quote and moment, indeed. We should use “don’t you want to be part of this?” As our strap line for 2024.

The best bit of the GF for me is the embrace of Peter Daicos with his two sons after the siren. Daics is my favourite player ever to pull on the black and white. When he retired I clearly remember thinking we would never see a player like him again. That completed a circle for me.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Coach Fagan made a point, that sometimes you have to lose a GF to win one. He cited the swans and hawks, losing then winning one. Umm. sorry mate , does not always work that way, just ask the saints, made three in a row, won none, and us, yep us, GFs in 1977 79 80 81, we learnt no lessons, and won NONE. same as in 02 and 03, lost both. GFs are soooo hard to make, let alone win, just as well, we won this one, who knows when the next one will be, we are now the hunted, not the hunter now also.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Yeah, that was full circle for me. I wore the number 35 throughout my entire childhood, so it was a (Macedonian) marvel to see the boys hugging their dad.

Meanwhile, Moorey was my old man's favourite player (in between Len Thompson and then Presti!). He'd have loved Darcy.

The week thus far has been work for five minutes, watch a Pies clip for five minutes. Glad there were no deadlines this week!

One clip I bumped into again was Jamie handing off a goal to Tay Adams in his 200th. What a club: https://youtube.com/shorts/iSoySWbK3W8? ... sIlgoQ0yHY
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
jonmac1954
Been liked: 19 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

That goal by DeGoo was sensational but too little acknowledgement for Nick's part in it.
Knocked down from the centre throw up Nick gets first hands on and shovels it across to Pendles then accelerates off towards CHF again near the drop of the ball from the marking contest he leaps and hearing JDG's voice to the right does a no look handpass mid air towards him - the rest is good night nurse.

Taken individually the 3 phases are good work but combined there is not a single player in the league that could have done it.
BEAMER09
Been liked: 12 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

2nd Quarter - last 20 secs with Nick Daicos - brilliant!!!
COLLINGW09D
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

Bobby's speccy and goal.

It was weird but when he took that grab I was very confident that we would win.
I think therefore I think - I think
blackandwhite4life

Post by blackandwhite4life »

Wondering if anyone has any footage from Saturday night back at the Olympic Park sight when the players were presented.

I have looked on Youtube but unable to find anything, including the Darryl Braithwaite songs with Darcy Cameron.
Hearing the 'Black & White Army' roar is the greatest sound in the world.
1eyedpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

blackandwhite4life wrote:Wondering if anyone has any footage from Saturday night back at the Olympic Park sight when the players were presented.

I have looked on Youtube but unable to find anything, including the Darryl Braithwaite songs with Darcy Cameron.
Look on insta reels and tik tok
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Was there on Sunday arvo.

I had a sore head saturday and was tanked.

Tell me is there anything planned for Vic Park.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Bobby mark yes but it was that Nicky D give off to JDG to kick us in front late in the final q to me this gave us the momentum to win.

Was well orcastrated by Pendles in the centre clearance to start with.
blackandwhite4life

Post by blackandwhite4life »

1eyedpie wrote:
blackandwhite4life wrote:Wondering if anyone has any footage from Saturday night back at the Olympic Park sight when the players were presented.

Look on insta reels and tik tok
Thanks will do
Hearing the 'Black & White Army' roar is the greatest sound in the world.