Welcome to Collingwood, Coach Craig McRae

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Well done,Craig,so we’ll deserved.I think he was the only choice really.To take a team that finished 17th last year to within a point of making the grand final this year,with virtually only one key position player is a monumental achievement.
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

He had to win this award after what he has achieved this year. Well done Fly. :D
carn the mighty pies!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:^^^^
let's barrack for Victorian clubs when the rivalry is with interstate clubs.
Yep this suits me. I could not in all honesty barrack for a team that has a player I have never liked and n Franklin. His nonsensical fighting with my favourite Collingwood player in Bruz made me hate him more. I get that some here will want the swans to win and that’s fine but if I don’t wish that at all.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Geelong and Sydney can both get stuffed. This thread is to celebrate the coach of the year!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

He was an absolutely automatic selection for coach of the year. He has transformed our beloved club in the space of just one year.
Consider how we ended last year. Not only has the game plan on the field been transformed, so also has the team psyche.
Our players have been liberated from fear of mistakes, and risk aversion: they have been allowed to find where their talents really are, and given permission to play with their own, unrestricted creativity.
This, and McCrae's fiercely competitive yet empathetic attitude has fostered the sense of self-belief and confidence we have seen throughout the year.
I think it is absolutely fitting that Lepper received a high honour as well. It is impossible to imagine that Fly could have achieved all of this by himself.
I think also the sports psychologist Jackie Louder must have played a very special role, not to mention the rehab and fitness team. The psychological transformation of our team went hand in hand with the elite level of physical fitness demonstrated by our team. Given the amazing finish against the Swans, and all the others throughout this year, I think our team could well have had the highest levels of fitness and endurance of any AFL team this year.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Who knew all it would take is to say don’t play boring footy, have a crack!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Bit done with the accolades for Craig McRae he is yet to win a premiership cup for Collingwood
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

90 nice wrote:Bit done with the accolades for Craig McRae he is yet to win a premiership cup for Collingwood
He's been there for a single season :roll:

Think before you post.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Larabee
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Larabee »

100% congrats to Fly for an outstanding season. Desperately unlucky not to have his team in the Big Dance but bring on 2023 I say.
President - Coffs Harbour Collingwood Supporters Assoc. Inc.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Jezza wrote:
90 nice wrote:Bit done with the accolades for Craig McRae he is yet to win a premiership cup for Collingwood
He's been there for a single season :roll:

Think before you post.
:wink: :shock: :o :D :shock: :? :? :? :roll: :roll:
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Agree. I'd sack McRae. He had his chance and failed. We can't afford to have him become another Buckley.

Same with the players. Pendles is a spud. What's he done for us lately. Living off success 12 years ago. What a loser.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Don’t forget Wrighty.
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

What'sinaname wrote:
Agree. I'd sack McRae. He had his chance and failed. We can't afford to have him become another Buckley.
Well fly did emulate Bucks first season of 17 wins and at least 10 in a row, even down to losing a prelim to Sydney. Why waste the next 10 years?? Find someone else immediately I say.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

Immediately!! :wink:
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Nah don’t do any of that while players are queuing up to join us

That’s the McRae effect
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right