Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

daicos35

Post by daicos35 »

[quote="LaurieHolden"][quote="daicos35"]Been a brilliant week in WA.
Massive respect over here.
Last two times we were Premiers...... West Coast were the spooners.
Enjoying this summer.
Thankyou Collingwood. Players, club and the Army of supporters
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Who was the half time entertainment band they were good as well.

Was it hunters and collectors
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:Who was the half time entertainment band they were good as well.

It was the lead singer Mark Seymour from H&C but with his more recent band the Undertow.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

After more than a year, I can finally watch the replays of the two finals we lost in 2022.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

dalyc wrote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:Who was the half time entertainment band they were good as well.

It was the lead singer Mark Seymour from H&C but with his more recent band the Undertow.
Underwhelming
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Pendles, best playing coach ever.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... -take-over
As the clock wound down in the third term, an unselfish Bobby Hill allowed Scott Pendlebury to kick the goal to give Collingwood the lead back.

Calm and composed, Pendlebury the player was doing everything he could to will his side over the line. Yet as soon as that siren went to signal the last break for the year, he activated coach mode.

That typical clarity and composure transferred right into his conversations with teammates and coaches, and he made a beeline for one of Collingwood’s most important off field staff members.

As the huddle broke following one more rev up from Craig McRae, Pendlebury found his man, and Collingwood High Performance Manager Jarrod Wade needed only to listen.

“I’d been talking to Pendles during the week about rotations and then at three quarter time, the huddle breaks and he just comes straight over to me,” Wade recalls.

“I was already thinking about it in my head, and he goes ‘I’m going to come off at three minutes, I’m going to tell Jordy to come off at six minutes, and then just leave us on the ground for the rest of the game’.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

He's a machine. Pendles Perfect.
kill for collingwood!
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

I just finished watching the replay

We won again :-)
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Drove down Olympic Boulevard (past the club's HQ) earlier today and past the MCG.

Just wanted to re-live that Premiership winning feeling again that we all experienced a week ago :cool:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Has anyone seen these "grand final" t-shirts in circulation?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CLPuvYpbu61BjoQr7
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Waking up on any Sunday knowing you got the chocolates in the GF is the best feeling ever
Today is the anniversary of that
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
GreekLunatic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

seeing other salty supporters makes my day. its been a week since
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

BazBoy wrote:Waking up on any Sunday knowing you got the chocolates in the GF is the best feeling ever
Today is the anniversary of that
I dunno. Was still in my seat an hour after the siren. I just didn’t want it end.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:Has anyone seen these "grand final" t-shirts in circulation?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CLPuvYpbu61BjoQr7
Available here:

https://carltondrafttshirts.com/product ... 8817&_ss=r
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
lanstro

Post by lanstro »

Few observations one week on:
1. The fitness guys were amazing. To finish off better than the Qld team on a hot day, and to have a geriatric Pendles looking like the fittest player on the field in the last. We don't win it without the fitness team. Bucks would've won in 2018 with these guys behind him, and maybe even more.
2. Our midfield performed well above expectation in the prelim and the granny. On paper they weren't any better than GWS and Brisbane's, but they spanked them both. Meant Brisbane couldn't play their 'lock it in the forward 50' style, and also they produced astounding long goals all game long. What a bounce back from the qualifying final.
3. One player on each of our lines destroyed their direct opponent, and won us the game. Bobby on Starcevic / Coleman, Mitchell on Neale, Howe on Hipwood.
4. Two decent rucks beat one better ruck again. Justifies trading out Grundy.
5. Speaking of rucks, found it a bit odd that even in ice the game mode in the last, Cox was smacking the ball out. Was a great approach when we were behind, but almost allowed the opposition to get a run on a few times when we were trying to ice it. Big contrast against Cameron the week before tapping everything to his feet and ensuring repeat ball ups.
6. Like 2018, the opposition tagged our star midfielder and quite effectively. Unlike 2018, JDG still had huge contributions when it counted.
7. Shout out to WHE's huge finals series. One of the best afield vs Melbourne. Huge moments in the other finals: right place right time in the final play of both games to secure the win (in fact in the granny, he had 4 spoils/tackles/touches in the final minute). The link up guy at the end of Q2 to receive from Naicos and pass to Crisp. Deserving premiership player.
8. The way that Fly plays these big finals, with an emphasis on tight situations and situational mastery, our old blokes are crucial. They have he experience and discipline to be standing in the right place, right time, attacking when we need to and parking the bus we need to. In those tight games, their lack of speed and explosiveness doesn't matter so much. Hope most of them stay on and are managed through next year, to have another huge finals series.
9. Everyone copies the premiers. We can't expect to be so peerless at the close finishes next year. Hopefully Fly has some new tricks up his sleeve.
10. How bloody good does it still feel?!