Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

If Jack Crisp had better decision making skills he would be elite. But unfortunately he doesn’t so he will remain just a very good player.
Jatsad - That is all
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

At long, long last we win a close match, finally. ! I will take a five point win ovr there in lunatic land, in a heartbeat, what with no Grundy, Tay, Howe. Well done Jamie, top game, goes to show he really brightens up our forward line, been missed a lot. Well done to Sidey too, great game.! Takes the pressure off , for one week at least, forget the Board woes. Time for a whiskey, lads.!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

winterstick wrote: couple of quick camera shots showed Wright(I think) telling Bucks what to do
Glad you added "I think". :wink: :)
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

For a moment there i was seeing our 3rd 1 point loss coming up.

Thankfully the players hung tough.

Couple of great contested marks by Cameron at the death saved him from a mediocre performance.

Bianco and Poultry looks the goods.

Oh, and welcome back Jamie.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:Geezus $$%^%%$ Christ is anyone still breathing! How good didthat feel!

jaimeeeeeeeee. Sidey! Well done Pies well $$%^%%$ done, and I don’t give a shit that the other team is shit too!

Time for a well deserved Jimmy Beam , hey T P ! 8)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

mudlark

Post by mudlark »

piedys wrote:So... without Elliott there tonight - would have all those goals have gone begging, resulting in a six goal loss thereabouts?
Well he WAS there and we've missed him every week he wasn't there.
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

That win should secure Buckley a 3 year extension.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

^ Safe to say Billy will win our "Player of the Week". I admire so much his tenacity to come back from injury, over and over again.
PeterD35

Post by PeterD35 »

Good work Pies and well done Jamie E nice comeback from injury. Also good to see us not give up and look for more goals hopefully we go in hard against Melbourne and pull of an upset
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:Geezus $$%^%%$ Christ is anyone still breathing! How good didthat feel!

jaimeeeeeeeee. Sidey! Well done Pies well $$%^%%$ done, and I don’t give a shit that the other team is shit too!

Break out the expensive bourbon, some Woodford Reserve. I was having a heart attack in the last 5. Good to have a win.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

mudlark wrote:
piedys wrote:So... without Elliott there tonight - would have all those goals have gone begging, resulting in a six goal loss thereabouts?
Well he WAS there and we've missed him every week he wasn't there.
Perhaps I'm saying I doubt our scoring ability should be the responsibility of Elliott each week, as reliable as he is when fit to take to the field.

We still need to find other avenues to goal; see if Johnson gets a gig for QB?
I'd bring in Cox if fit, otherwise May and Lever will fall over laughing.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
makri

Post by makri »

schuey07 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Break out the expensive bourbon, some Woodford Reserve. I was having a heart attack in the last 5. Good to have a win.
I’m pouring some Pappy after that win!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

True mate, yes, maybe a Chivas Regal too. Actually, i have an unopened bottle of Collingwood 2010 Premiership Port, that i vowed not too open till we won our next flag. Needless too say, its nicely matured by now, 11 yrs, LOL, so hopefully wont be tooooo much longer. ! :P :lol:

PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Something I was wondering about during the game - why did we trade Seedsman? Was it because he was a bit injury prone or was he part of a deal to get someone else? Treloar maybe? Those two long goals he kicked were just magnificent.
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

makri wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I’m pouring some Pappy after that win!
You have good taste, good sir.