Post Match. Pies dump Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Larabee wrote:Out-bloomin-standing. Mason Cox hit the switch somehow and changed the game. Henry is a prodigy. McCreery is a Lamborghini. Add some late candy from Pendles and it’s a happy place here in the NSW north coast tonight…
McCreery isn't a Lambo, he's a Bushmaster. Did you see that tackle on Lever? He just picked up and dropped a KPP.

Geezus, if he was running at me, I'd just drop my wallet on the ground and put my hands up.

Even in the first quarter when we were getting spanked on the scoreboard, I thought we were in the game. That was an absolute arm wrestle, we hung in there when they were on top and slowly ground them down with intensity and dare. Loved it.

Cox played some sort of game, good on him. Not only was he clunking marks, he was selling candy, kicking goals on the run and doing goal assists. .

Bloody great win.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Cox equal disposals with Pendles!
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

What a great and proud day for this club. Still a lot of room for improvement and I’d like to pay huge praise to Mason Cox, who was clearly BOG. For mine anyway. Those great games are mounting and as Jack Crisp said, when he’s up and running, the boys play that much better. How good and fearless is John Noble??
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

Quaynor's tackle on Max Gone was brilliant! One for the little guys.
carn the mighty pies!
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Nick Daicos 33 disposals, not bad for a 13 game player. His brother is pretty handy too.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

What a game. What a season of quality enjoyable wins we are racking together.

Big Mason Cox was epic today. So happy to see him taking those marks and putting his body on the line.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Geez McCreery stood up today, what a game from him.
Loved his game. Hard role to play - if you don’t kick goals people will say “what did he do”. Thought he was excellent.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:Time for the Dees to head for the snow. Last year was an aberration.

My daughter lives near Mansfield and says the four wheel drives with Deeeeees fans pouring into town. :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P
I hope not…..I’m going up tomorrow so a nice quiet mountain is what I would like
- Side By Side -
Redcraze

Post by Redcraze »

Gee that Wally Lovett can play. He's grown a bit though, number 46.
The future is hidden from all men, and the greatest football matches hang on the smallest chances. - Demosthenes
piffdog
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

Loved his game. Hard role to play - if you don’t kick goals people will say “what did he do”. Thought he was excellent.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Mason Cox can stand proud tonight, ive always liked him, stood by him, and im glad i did, hes standing in for Grundy very nicely indeed, well done Mason.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

piffdog wrote:
Doesn’t get the pill enough right now but when he does he can do damage. His pace today really surprised me. He will get more consistency with experience which will bring more touches and when that happens look out!
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Fanbloodytastic!I’m so proud of this club and what they have achieved this year.Honestly ,who would have thought we’d be playing like this at the start of the year?People would have said you were crazy if you said that we’d beat the Demons and most other sides in the top four.It’s been an amazing transformation.

Craig Macrae should be given the Queen’s birthday honours,the Australia Day awards,and every other award you can think of.He’s done wonders with this team!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

With Melbourne back to the pack the 2022 season is well and truly up for grabs. There will be no dynasty for the Dees. Our best footy is as good as anyone’s right now. Can we sustain it is the big question. If we can we could go deep because we’ve always travelled interstate well.
Last edited by Damien on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Whilst beating the top side just before the Bye isn't always a perfect indication, just think how often the bottom Dees beat us when were flying, but the results as a whole this year are continuing the upward trend.

Guess it really was just 2 people holding us back, Buckley and Grundy ;) :lol: