Post Match. Pies rumble Roos. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Peponi

Post by Peponi »

Sad to say, but it appears Cox has played his last game for the Pies.

Can’t see a reason for a young Cameron who is playing well to make way for an over 30s Cox. Love the big American and would like to see him continue with us under a different coach but he could be bound for the Kangas next year.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

As for the game, it was a game we could not lose... and thankfully we didn't but we certainly didn't look like movers and shakers and any 'quality' side would have beaten us in that last quarter. Take of it as you will.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Sad to say, but it appears Cox has played his last game for the Pies.

Can’t see a reason for a young Cameron who is playing well to make way for an over 30s Cox. Love the big American and would like to see him continue with us under a different coach but he could be bound for the Kangas next year.
If that's the case, I'd really like for him to be given a "farewell tour".
Most of the forward entries today were long bombs. Even Pendles did it on occasion. Why not have him down there as well as Cameron? Twin towers like that would spread the opposition defence and make them very nervous.

Mason has sacrificed so much to play AFL and I think he deserves a final tour with us. We're in a season where experimentation should be accepted. Why not give it a go?
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Dave The Man wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:One note of positivity, albeit a small one, last night the Tigers lost by 11 goals, in none of our losses this season, have we been belted like that. Just saying. LOL
That might Change in the next few rounds
Then all the more reason to enjoy it while you can.
We all know we’re no good Dave but I don’t think that should stop the players from still trying. It’s reading like some on here are pissed off now because the players actually tried under Buckley. Yet it was only a week ago, the same posters would bleat that players weren’t having a go in the game day thread.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

^ Totally agree Pies2016.

Whatever the future holds, we cannot afford for the players to lose hope altogether and have their confidence shattered.
orie
Been liked: 1 time

pies beat north

Post by orie »

Is it true that we kicked 3 goals from 50 meters Penalties?

If thats true, we lose. Almost.

And once again when I see grundy I yell out, who are you and what have you done with Brodie????

At one of the centre bounces the umpire gave a free kick against hime and for the life of me , I couldn't see what for. Brodie didn't even remonstrate or seem annoyed. He just was like, whatever!!!

ARGHHHHH.
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Talking about trying, didn't Noble have a fair dinkum crack today.
He could've dropped his lip after conceding the first North goal, but nup, kept at it and was influential in the win.
His dad would be (reluctantly?) proud. :)
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

RudeBoy wrote:I thought it was a good win. It should have been by more, but were upset a bit losing Murphy and Roughead.

I loved Bucks decision to play Pendles mainly up forward. Also liked the midfield work of Tyler Brown, Daicos, Sidey (early) and Crisp. Cameron continues to improve. The challenge for JDG now is to string several good games together, rather than just the occasional flash in the pan.

Poulter looks good. Henry needs more games. McCreery might need a rest I reckon.

Great to hear our song again. Go Pies!
And overdue for a Gatorade shower. Four in the middle I think !
Once Adams comes back, I imagine Pendles will be forward of the ball more often and hopefully add a year to his career. I reckon T Brown took a step forward today. He seemed to have more time.
Noble was fantastic too. Much maligned but getting used to the tempo and has a crack for a little fella.
Good signs from Cameron again ( and Cox was just average in the VFL today )
I’m tipping Bianco to debut in a few weeks barring injury. He looked very likely for his first game at the club today.
Yes, it was only North but as they say “ it’s a lot easier to play badly than it is to play well “
PyreneesPie

Re: pies beat north

Post by PyreneesPie »

orie wrote:Is it true that we kicked 3 goals from 50 meters Penalties?

If thats true, we lose. Almost.

And once again when I see grundy I yell out, who are you and what have you done with Brodie????

At one of the centre bounces the umpire gave a free kick against hime and for the life of me , I couldn't see what for. Brodie didn't even remonstrate or seem annoyed. He just was like, whatever!!!

ARGHHHHH.
What a great quote "what have you done with Brodie". It's a mystery isn't it.

He did some good things today, but I noticed that if he doesn't think he can mark it, he doesn't even attempt to spoil.

Perhaps the burden of the huge contract IS weighing on him. He could always offer to give some of it back!
:D
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Sad to say, but it appears Cox has played his last game for the Pies.

Cox very average in the VFL today. Madgen wasn’t great either but there’s still a bit to like in the VFL. The changing of the guard will happen very quickly, and I’m talking about on field this time.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

David wrote:The umpiring was awful today. Plenty of bad decisions going each way, ...
The umpiring was lamentable. The deliberate out of bounds against Norf in the 2nd quarter was a horrendous decision.
Surely a professional umpire can tell the difference between a player seeking the boundary and a shank kick?

Got distracted at the end by a bit of push and shove in the crowd.
Did the players give Stevo a hug or the cold shoulder?
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

I dont get the demeaning attitude of many to this win. The Kangas are actually not a pushover. they have been demonstrating recently, and their performance against Melbourne last week proved that they are very competitive. This win, from the standpoint of developing our young players and likewise instilling a much needed boost of confidence among our more senior players, was very important. ]
I have watched the replay until 3/4 time, and still have to watch the final quarter. But I have seen a few things I would love to highlight.
Daicos smack bang in the middle. yes :!:
Also noticed Tyler Brown many times assertng himself in contests.
Crisp is another big bodied mid. Well done Crispie.
Moore is back where he belongs.
Pendles on half forward flank looks great.
Cameron is showing that he has far more than many (including me) believed.
JDG has champion qualities and it is the responsibility of the coaches (worried, but no icon to express this) to unleash this in our F50. Daicos and Crisp were fantastic tonight, but I think against the Swans we need another big bodied mid (Let's hope Sier produces the goods in the VFL to justify a recall)
Now will watch the final quarter before making further comments.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
i hate carlton
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by i hate carlton »

North didn't play well. So glad Rhyce Shaw wasn't coaching today.

Take the win, and lets build on this.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0