Post Match. Cats down Pies . All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

I won't be fooled by that last 5 minute rally to turn a comatose 5 goal loss into an honourable 2 goal loss. We were putrid again for 115 minutes and great for 5. I would say, as too did Tom Hawkins after the game that the Cats got complacent in this game. How boring it was. Look at the first 115 minutes how we played, not the last 5 minutes. Geelong complacency was the only thing saving us from a belting. I won't take this result as hope for the future, nobody should. It only ensures this shitshow continues its run.
Last edited by Monco Matt on Sat May 29, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

We almost bored the Cats into losing
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Still want to know how they squeeze all those big name players into that salary cap, yet we are told by AFL to off load players and cap-dump?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Monco Matt wrote:I won't be fooled by that last 5 minute rally to turn a comatose 5 goal loss into an honourable 2 goal loss. We were putrid again for 115 minutes and great for 5. I would say, as too did Tom Hawkins after the game that the Cats got complacent in this game. How boring it was. Look at the first 115 minutes how we played, not the last 5 minutes. Geelong complacency was the only thing saving us from a belting. I won't take this result as hope for the future, nobody should. It only esures this shitshow continues its run.

Cats were not complacent, they would have loved to have belted us for their percentage. The ageiing Cats smashed the Tigers by 11 goals i will take a ten point loss against this power house forward line anyday,, and our kids were great give them some credit, that might be an idea. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Our one goal in three quarters had nothing to do with football. It was just Grundy deciding that F this sh!t, I’ll do it myself.

One goal in 3 quarters from a boundary throw in by a ruckman who simply decided to grab it and do it himself.

Telling.
Est. 2002
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Monco Matt wrote:I won't be fooled by that last 5 minute rally to turn a comatose 5 goal loss into an honourable 2 goal loss. We were putrid again for 115 minutes and great for 5. I would say, as too did Tom Hawkins after the game that the Cats got complacent in this game. How boring it was. Look at the first 115 minutes how we played, not the last 5 minutes. Geelong complacency was the only thing saving us from a belting. I won't take this result as hope for the future, nobody should. It only esures this shitshow continues its run.
Yes, Geelong did get complacent, which opened up a few possiblities for us. But that is a part and parcel of momentum and psychology of the game. I don't think it was the only factor that saved us from a belting. I thought JDG's game was significant in energising the team. I thought that we threw caution to the wind in the final quarter and that liberated the team from the paralysis that Bux and his assistants impose on our team week in and week out
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Collingwouldn't »

58pie wrote:Heratior Lumumba has set us back 10 years
It's HIS fault???
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Presti35 wrote:I'm just glad it wasn't a blowout.

Ten points. Put up a good fight in the last quarter.
I was hoping for a Blow Out as might mean Change would Happen Finally
I am Da Man
Culprit
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Culprit »

DT wrote:We almost bored the Cats into losing
That is pretty accurate
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Dave The Man wrote:
Presti35 wrote:I'm just glad it wasn't a blowout.

Ten points. Put up a good fight in the last quarter.
I was hoping for a Blow Out as might mean Change would Happen Finally
Don't worry Dave. The times, they are a'changin. the answer my friend will soon be blowing in the wind.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

Piesnchess wrote:I actually tipped a four goal loss, against the ageing Cats, so i guess ten points i will take. Our backs continue to be great, its the forwards that we really need to shake up. Bring back Cox for Chrissakes, if fit, and sooner Jamie gets back the better. Least our kids r doing their best, having a go.
You didn't watch the game did you mate?

There was no bright horizon in this one. Plus Geelong had half their best side out.
Pies2016
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Pies2016 »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:Just on Pendlebury people are being too tough. Pendlebury is a midfielder or nothing. He’s having to cover spots he shouldn’t be playing in. Having said that he doesn’t hurt our forward line like others do. He’s super competitive wherever he plays. He’s not the reason we’re in decline. Look no further than the three senior players we gave up last year.
Agree. He also copped one in the ribs early in the game and he was bandaged up at half time. While he hadn’t been at his best in recent weeks, it’s not easy playing out a game when you have bruised ribs.
The club is trying to squeeze an extra year out of him because the kids will learn more from playing alongside Pendlebury than anything they will learn from any whiteboard or match sim.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:I actually tipped a four goal loss, against the ageing Cats, so i guess ten points i will take. Our backs continue to be great, its the forwards that we really need to shake up. Bring back Cox for Chrissakes, if fit, and sooner Jamie gets back the better. Least our kids r doing their best, having a go.
You didn't watch the game did you mate?

There was no bright horizon in this one. Plus Geelong had half their best side out.
To be fair, so did we.
There is a bright horizon in this game. It is this: when the players ignore the Bux mantra, we look like we can play.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

DT wrote:We almost bored the Cats into losing
That's the truth.

Rumour has it Chris Scott was about to resign after the game from the embarrassment of it all. But Duckwood and Dangerfield talked him out of it. :lol:
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

Collingwouldn't wrote:
58pie wrote:Heratior Lumumba has set us back 10 years
It's HIS fault???
Maybe Lumumba was right all along. Think of how Buckley destroyed our last premiership team. Just ask Leon, Dids and Heater.