What made you sad today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

Sorry to hear that too, and ditto with the WTF for no wash. I'm not sure if registered nurses see themselves as above that kind of thing these days and it should be the job of Div 2 or nursing asst's but that should be the basics, maintaining the persons dignity
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

^ Thanks WPT. And now her O2 sats keep dropping on room air so they think mild chest infection and have started IV antis - and she gets to have a COVID swab and I’m not allowed back in until the result comes through ( which I fully understand) :cry:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

stui magpie wrote:Sorry to hear that too, and ditto with the WTF for no wash. I'm not sure if registered nurses see themselves as above that kind of thing these days and it should be the job of Div 2 or nursing asst's but that should be the basics, maintaining the persons dignity
I know I just don’t understand it - apart from dignity as you say it’s such an important part of nursing care - you can observe and note any skin issues assess whether there are any impediments to self care, respiratory issues, balance etc etc. perhaps instead of waltzing around in scrubs with a stethoscope draped around their necks they could actually NURSE makes me furious and sad at the same time!!!
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

That’s awful Morrigu, hope She’s ou5 of there soon. How long do the test results take? She needs you now, that’s an added hard part. Cheers
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

^ not sure TP - thankfully I have a great relationship with our lab so will use any influence I might have. That’s probably NQR but I don’t care!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Took Mum to the dentist on Thursday to get a stitch removed (she had an extraction 10 days ago).

While waiting in the waiting room before her short preocdure she asked:

"What's wrong with me"?

I said I'm sorry to say you have atypical alzheimers disease

She was shocked for about 5-10 seconds and sort of waived it way with a don't be silly sort of hand gesture then asked about something else; something to be said about having a poor memory and zero attention.

We were the only two in the waiting room before I took her back to the Aged Care Facility.

On the positive side of things she is much more settled, not agitated, not worried and not distressed.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

oh man. i think thats the hardest part - when they have flashes of lucidity, and they know..... hugs xxx
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

watt price tully wrote:Took Mum to the dentist on Thursday to get a stitch removed (she had an extraction 10 days ago).

While waiting in the waiting room before her short preocdure she asked:

"What's wrong with me"?

I said I'm sorry to say you have atypical alzheimers disease

She was shocked for about 5-10 seconds and sort of waived it way with a don't be silly sort of hand gesture then asked about something else; something to be said about having a poor memory and zero attention.

We were the only two in the waiting room before I took her back to the Aged Care Facility.

On the positive side of things she is much more settled, not agitated, not worried and not distressed.
Im so glad for her and for you that she is settled and has her cats with her. It’s tough - very tough :cry:
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

^ Cheers TP and Morrigu. Yeah, I didn’t realise how tough it would be. She asked for some knitting needles, crochet hook wool etc. Mrs WPT went & bought her a beautiful knitting bag and the bits. She thanked Mrs WPT and later called her: she asked what to do, she’d forgotten
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

When I broke my arm a tomboy friend of my girlfriend drove me everywhere. Boom and Oi wcalled in some sort of sauna crap ;ast weekend and Boom left to get a drink and came back and Oi was dead. About 30 with a 6 month son whop wa a result of a rape. Oi was a tomboy but a ripper . Been crying for 2 days.

RIP Oi
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

That’s very sad to hear, RR.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

ronrat wrote:When I broke my arm a tomboy friend of my girlfriend drove me everywhere. Boom and Oi wcalled in some sort of sauna crap ;ast weekend and Boom left to get a drink and came back and Oi was dead. About 30 with a 6 month son whop wa a result of a rape. Oi was a tomboy but a ripper . Been crying for 2 days.

RIP Oi
oh mate thats so awful, may she RIP.
sorry for your loss
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

ronrat wrote:When I broke my arm a tomboy friend of my girlfriend drove me everywhere. Boom and Oi wcalled in some sort of sauna crap ;ast weekend and Boom left to get a drink and came back and Oi was dead. About 30 with a 6 month son whop wa a result of a rape. Oi was a tomboy but a ripper . Been crying for 2 days.

RIP Oi
Fvuck, that's horrible. :cry:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ Oh god. So sorry for your loss RR.

Very sad to read. Hope you're OK.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
KenH

Post by KenH »

That is sad RR, sorry to hear look after yourself!
Cheers big ears