Fraser Gehrig

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

AlfAndrews

Post by AlfAndrews »

Just what the doctor ordered. But I'll believe it when it happens.

------------------
**floreat pica**
*miss_magpie*
Been liked: 1 time

Post by *miss_magpie* »

yeah it would be nice, but i can't see it happening really.. hope i'm proved wrong, but still..
Spidergirl

Post by Spidergirl »

on the AFL website there is an article from the Herald Sun about Gehrig being a possibility to come to Vic Park but i honestly nearly spewed when it mentioned a rumour that Tarrant might go over there in exchange for Gehrig. For christ sake hasn't this club learnt anything since letting Clinton King go in that ridiculous trade from last year! Why would u want to get rid of your best young guns. I have a bad feeling the club are gonna make some stupid decisions again. Let's just hope this stays a rumour.

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!
NICK THE PIE MAN

Post by NICK THE PIE MAN »

LOL! Are u kidding Spidergirl?
I would take Gehrig for Tarrant anyday! Have u seen Gehrig play this year? He has been on fire! I don't think this trade would be a mistake.

CARN THE PIES!!!
AlfAndrews

Post by AlfAndrews »

If they trade Tarrant I won't be renewing my membership. If the club is that stupid then it's time to find something else to do in winter.

Tarrant is the ONLY player in this side that has made going to the football worthwhile this year.

If we can get Gehrig I'd be absolutely stoked. But NOT at the expense of Tarrant.

Offer them McKee. Image

------------------
**floreat pica**
ytry4

Post by ytry4 »

What drugs are you on NICK THE PIE MAN?? It sure is doing wonders on you... lol

How could you possibly think about trading Tarrant in order to get Gehrig? Gehrig is a great player, but you don't go around and give one of your future superstars so you can be successful in the short term.. Just wait until Tarrant has the same experience that Gehrig has now! He might not be as good as Gehrig right now, but he sure will be as good or better than Gehrig in a few years time!

------------------
Ask not what your club can do for you. Ask what you can do for your club.
Sly

Post by Sly »

Some Collingwood Exec (I think possibly Greg Swann) said that in no way possible would they trade Tarrant, because of his youth and because he's one of the players they want to build Collingwood around for "the next ten years."

Unless Tarrant has a personal beef with the Club, he won't be going anywhere.

Don't want Gehrig, though. (And if there's any responses to that, read my Rant).

------------------
Sly LeKoupa.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.<B>
The Collingwood Rant.
Don't believe the Facts until you've read the Rants!</B>
The Unofficial AFL Ranting Board.
NICK THE PIE MAN

Post by NICK THE PIE MAN »

Alright, I never said Tarrant wasn't a good player, and yes it would be great to have them both in the forward line. But Gehrig is only 23 (correct me if im wrong) we could get a good 3 to 4 years out of him. But hey, im just praying that we can keep both of them!

CARN THE PIES!!!
Broadie

Post by Broadie »

Same Gehrig rumour went around last year. I'll believe when he's wearing the strip in a game, no sooner.

As for trading Tarrant.

HUH?

This would really polish off our reputation as the worst trading club in the AFL. Tarrant must be considered as one of our 3 absolute untouchables, alingside Bucks & Burnsy. Come to think of it, I'd rather lose Burnsy than Tarrant.