F1 Champion - Max Verstappen

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

F1 Champion - Max Verstappen

Post by Skids »

Thank god for that! Can not stand that show pony Hamilton... of course, his team are appealing :roll:

Max Verstappen defeats Lewis Hamilton for Formula 1 world championship by winning Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-12/ ... /100683240
Don't count the days, make the days count.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Yep im with you Skids cant stand hamiton either great to see a change at the top and long while too and about time too.
Well done Max Verstappen. New world number 1
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

How does a bloke become a "show pony" when he wins the Championship 7 times and gets beaten by a whisker (almost certainly as a consequence of dodgy officiating) going for his 8th?
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

just his style i guess
Skids

Post by Skids »

Aw come on P4S, you've seen the get ups and heard the carry on, speaks for itself.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I actually haven't, Skids. I don't follow the F1 - I was reading between the lines of the press reports and looking at his career record, so this was a genuine question from me. I was contemplating his achievements in the context of somebody like Tom Brady, who has won 7 Super Bowls. I don't barrack for Brady's team (or for his former team) but its hard not to admire the sheer brilliance.
Skids

Post by Skids »

True P4S, there's no arguing his talent behind the wheel. Having said that, he does drive the 'fastest' car. If he would have had the same success driving for another team is something we'll never know.

Have a look at some of the get ups in this link for a bit of an idea on where my 'show pony' reference came from. I, like many, just don't like the man. I don't like Connor McGregor either, we all have our different opinions on who we like and dislike. I like Toby Greene, so what's my opinion worth anyway :)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... oices.html
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Mercedes dropped their appeal...

But Toto told the media Hamilton will be scarred for life. :shock: Way OTT...